Mike and RuthAnn became born-again Christians in 1979 and founded Gethsemane Ministries in 1980. Gethsemane Ministries began as a Christian Music Ministry that soon evolved into a Music/Counter-cult ministry. When the Harveys' children were old enough to sing, they became a part of the music ministry as well.
Throughout the years Mike, RuthAnn and their family have ministered at churches, retreats, conferences, seminars, and Christian outreach centers. Mike and RuthAnn have appeared on many Christian television programs and co-hosted the radio program “Ordinary People” (produced by Gethsemane Ministries).
In 2001, Gethsemane Ministries found its home in the former Salem Methodist Church in Bangor, Pennsylvania. The goal of the ministry was to transform the church into a Christian Theater. During this transformation period many mini musicals, concerts and services took place. The set and script for Hadassah! is now complete and auditions will soon begin. We ask for your continued prayers - that God would guide us in finding those who are best suited for the roles in the presentation and for those who will be working behind the scenes.
* The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
* There is just one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These
Three are One in essence, yet distinct in person and function.
* We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ who became the physical manifestation of the Godhead
and Savior to the world. He was born of a virgin, led a sinless life, preformed miracles, died on a
cross and physically rose again. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the
Father. He will one day return in power and in glory.
* We believe that salvation is a free gift of God. Those who accept this free gift, by faith in the Lord
Jesus Christ, become born-again and are new creatures in Christ.
* We believe that Christians should strive to live their lives in a Christ-like manner that glorifies and
honors our Lord Jesus Christ.